Molecular Cytogenetics encompasses all aspects of chromosome biology and the application of molecular cytogenetic techniques in all areas of biology and medicine, including structural and functional organization of the chromosome and nucleus, genome variation, expression and evolution, chromosome abnormalities and genomic variations in medical genetics and tumor genetics.
Molecular Cytogenetics primarily defines a large set of the techniques that operate either with the entire genome or with specific targeted DNA sequences. Topical areas include, but are not limited to:
- Structural and functional organization of chromosome and nucleus
- Genome variation, expression and evolution
- Animal and plant molecular cytogenetics and genomics
- Chromosome abnormalities and genomic variations in clinical genetics
- Applications in preimplantation, pre- and post-natal diagnosis
- Applications in the central nervous system, cancer and haematology research
- Previously unreported applications of molecular cytogenetic techniques
- Development of new techniques or significant enhancements to established techniques
This journal is a source for numerous scientists all over the world, who wish to improve or introduce molecular cytogenetic techniques into their practice.